STRAWBERRY VEGAN FRENCH TOAST
January 8, 2020
We’ve teamed up with Tessa over at @londonpaleogirl this #Veganuary to show you just how delicious plant-based living can be. We are so excited to share this incredible breakfast creation with you, using ingredients that you can find in your local Holland and Barrett stores nationwide… We hope you love this one, and try it at home for yourself!
- 300ml dairy free milk
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons milled flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon each: cinnamon & vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple/ date or syrup of your choice
- Pinch of salt
- As many slices of bread that you wish, the above amounts should make enough for 6 slices of bread (also the less fresh the bread is, the better).
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Fresh berries, drizzle of syrup
- An ideal egg replacement is ground flaxseed, so add the flaxseed into a large bowl with the dairy-free milk & let sit for 5 minutes before adding in the almond flour & then whisk lightly.
- Add in the cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, desiccated coconut & pinch of salt. Keep whisking until fully combined.
- Heat a large non-stick flat frying pan with a little coconut oil on a medium heat. Soak 1 slice at a time for 30 seconds (15 seconds on each side) then place into the frying pan, after an initial minute, turn down the heat to low/medium so they don’t burn. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
You can keep warm in the oven on a low heat whilst you cook each one & then create your stack or slice as you wish!
You can find our strawberry almond yog in over 600 Holland and Barrett stores nationwide, head to our online stockist page to find your nearest store today!